To be reimbursed for a trip, transportation needs to be scheduled at least 2 business days before the member’s appointment to ensure eligibility. The booking phone number is 855-478-7350.
The Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS) has partnered with Veyo to provide HUSKY Health members with another way to get to and from their medical appointments – using the help of a friend or family member. Veyo provides compensation to drivers who give HUSKY Health members a ride to their eligible healthcare appointments. This is called a “mileage reimbursement.”
Trips are paid at the level of $0.54 per mile. The total amount paid is calculated based on the most direct route from the member’s pickup location to the healthcare facility and back. The route is generated using Veyo’s mapping software. Payments to drivers will be distributed electronically (unless the driver specifies otherwise).
How does Mileage Reimbursement work?
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for Mileage Reimbursement?
Friends or family of HUSKY Health members who drive the member to a Medicaid-covered behavioral health, medical, or dental appointment may be eligible for mileage reimbursement.
- The driver must have a valid driver’s license.
- The driver must be listed on the vehicle insurance.
- The HUSKY Health member must be in the vehicle for the trip.
What are the requirements for a trip to be reimbursed?
- To be reimbursed for a trip, transportation for the member needs to be scheduled at least 2 business days before the member’s healthcare appointment to ensure eligibility. The HUSKY Health transportation booking phone number is 855-478-7350.
- The member must be enrolled with HUSKY Health on the date of the trip.
- Only one fee per trip will be paid, regardless of the number of members transported.
- If a member gets a prescription from the healthcare provider, they should stop and pick it up on the way home from their appointment. This will be counted as one trip.
- The Mileage Reimbursement Form must be fully completed and all parking and toll receipts attached.
- A healthcare provider must verify that the member attended the scheduled appointment when Veyo audits the trip. If a paper form is submitted, the healthcare provider must date, sign and print their name on the Mileage Reimbursement Form.
Can members get reimbursement for using their own vehicle?
Yes, HUSKY Health members can request reimbursement for using their own vehicle to get to and from appointments.
What is the mileage reimbursement rate?
The mileage reimbursement rate for Connecticut members is $0.54 cents per mile.
How do I sign up a driver?
To sign up a driver, the following information must be submitted using the Driver Registration Form:
- The driver’s contact information
- A valid driver’s license
- A copy of the vehicle insurance
- The driver’s bank information for payment
If the driver has a smartphone, the camera can be used to upload the driver’s license and vehicle documents.
Does the driver need to own their vehicle?
No, the driver does not need to own the vehicle, but the driver does need to be listed on the vehicle insurance.
What do I do if my driver information changes?
To update a driver’s contact information, driver’s license, vehicle insurance, or banking information, please re-submit the Driver Registration Form. The new information will be automatically updated on the driver’s profile.
When should the forms be submitted?
- The Driver Registration Form can be submitted anytime before the member books their trip. Trips need to be booked 2 business days before the member’s appointment.
- The Mileage Reimbursement Form needs to be filled out and returned to Veyo within 30 days of the last medical appointment listed. Don’t forget to attach all parking and toll receipts.
How do I submit the forms?
The electronic forms can be found at:
While we prefer electronic forms, you do have the option to submit the completed forms via email, fax, or mail.
- Email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 860-218-2948
- Mail to: Veyo, Attn: Mileage Reimbursement, PO Box 1070, Windsor, CT 06095
When will the reimbursement payment be sent out?
Approved trips will be paid out within 1-2 weeks (for electronic payments) or 4-6 weeks (for physical payments via check). Physical checks are mailed out on the last day of each month.